2019 WA ADVENTURE RIDER MAGAZINE CONGREGATION UPDATE
The second Western Australian Adventure Rider Magazine Congregation gets under way on 12th October 2019.
REGISTRATIONS REMAIN OPEN
HOWEVER CATERING IS NOW CLOSED
Don't miss out, call 08 9776 7276 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve your place at this great event.
Helen and Dave Allen from Round Tu-it Caravanpark in Northcliffe, who are our hosts this year are busy preparing for our arrival. We know that many of you plan to join us and if you have not yet registered, please do so asap. Very last day to register is Sunday the 6th of October, so that the hosts can plan for the catering and additional staff. If you haven’t registered by then, we can’t guarantee that catering is available for you during the event.
CONGREGATION EVENT SCHEDULE
Now to the fun part of the weekend...
• The teams from Auto Classic BMW, JCS Triumph and Bunbury KTM Suzuki have thrown their support behind the event and will join us for the weekend and also bring bikes for test rides.
• Friday night gets kicked off with a presentation by Miles Davis about the Mongolia GS Trophy.
• Once Saturday breakfast is taken care of, we can look forward to one of Miles’ skills presentations.
• It’s then time to explore some more tracks around the area, do some test rides or just hang out.
• Miles will be setting up an interesting course for the Gymkhana on Saturday afternoon. This will be great fun for competitors and spectators, so make sure you participate. The 3 highest point scores will be rewarded with a prize. So will be the most “entertaining entry” and everybody gets a consolation prize for participating.
• It’s then your last opportunity to purchase one of the limited edition stubby holders for $10. Your purchase gives you a chance to win THE MEGA PRIZE of the event. All proceeds go to the Royal Flying Doctors Service. So get on board and help us raise funds for a very worthy cause.
• Ewen Macgregor has offered to share his Trans Euro Trail adventures with us
• Saturday dinner will be followed by prize presentations. The magazine, Auto Classic, JCS, KTM Bunbury and Motorrad Garage have all put a “hamper” of prizes together. In addition to the Gymkhana prizes, we’ll reward:
- Longest ride to the event
- Oldest rider
- Youngest rider
- Oldest bike
- Best stack (photo evidence required)
• Prize draw for the main prize
• Last for the night, but no doubt one of the big highlights for the weekend, will be A and Fred Powell’s presentation of their Steep Point to Cape Byron crossing via the Simpson Desert back in 1984. Those of us who were lucky enough to see their presentation of their first unsupported Canning Stock Route crossing back in the Eighties at the first congregation two years ago, will know that we are in for another real treat.
We have GPX files available for getting there and back and also a 140km loop that can be ridden on Saturday. You can just send us an email to: email@example.com and we can email you the files. Expect to receive the files once the registration process has closed on Sunday the 6th of October.